Rare 1966 Vintage Rolex Submariner 5512 Gilt 2 Line Butterfly Rotor Box Papers
Item History and Pricing
|Brand: Rolex||Style: Vintage|
|Model: Rolex Submariner 5512||Watch Shape: Butterfly|
· Description: Offering for your consideration a classic mens vintage stainless steel genuine Rolex Submariner timepiece. The timepiece features a black dial with a bi-directional black bezel. Original Big logo Rolex 7836 Oyster Bracelet with “046” end-links. Bracelet shows hardly, if any stretch. Caseback stamped 5512 i.66 (First quarter of 1966)
This Particular... model has the loved Gilt, 2 line, Meters first dial and it’s in absolutely spectacular condition.
Good luck to all bidders.
· Serial number: 136xxx (1966)
· Reference #: 5512
· Manufacturer: Rolex
· Rolex Caliber: 1530 ((Rare Butterly Rotor original movement. ))
· Circa: 1966
· Diameter: not including crown 40mm
· Lug tip to lug tip: 48mm
· In between lugs: 20mm
· Thickness: 14mm· Dial condition : Very good to excellent with an absolutely gorgeous patina. Puffy and creamy lume, aged to perfection. (No longer glows)
· Dial Color : Black/Dark Brown (with certain light conditions)
· Bezel condition: Bi-directional, some very minor surface scuffs
· Crystal: Acrylic, minor surface scratches (can polish if you’d like)
· Numerals Circle and line
· Hands: Original Rolex with gorgeous patina. Very little or no glow.
· Movement Type: Automatic cal 1530
· Movement Condition: keeping great time and winds up / sets time smoothly. However, I can hear rotor scraping at times if I shake the timepiece. The watch can be worn as is, with no issues. You can have the watch serviced at your own expense if this bothers you. This is very common in vintage watches as the pendulum begins to sag with age. I wanted to leave the timepiece in its original state. I do know a few trusted shops if you need a jeweler to service it.
· Warranty: None
· Case condition: Shows minor surface scuffs/scratches on back and side case, minor nicks on side case and near lugs
· Watch running: Yes, runs well and keeps good time. However, for optimum time keeping we recommend a full overhaul at buyers expense.
· Crown: Screw down signed twin lock
· Band: Rolex 7836 Oyster bracelet with “046” end-links Stainless steel, little to no stretch, near mint condition . Watch was worn on a leather bracelet for most of its life.
· Clasp or buckle band: Single deployant clasp signed “Rolex” “Stainless Steel” “U. S. A.”
· Box: Yes, original “coffin style box”
· Authenticity Papers: Yes, from last Rolex Service in 1980. (Shown in photo)
Free shipping in the US. Package will be fully insured and will have expedited shipping. Feel free to message me with any questions.
Dont miss out and don’t forget to check my other listings and auctions! Good Luck to all bidders! If you have low or poor feedback, please message me prior to bidding. If you aren’t actually going to pay, please refrain from bidding. Its not fair to the seller or other buyers/bidders. Thank you!
and partners solely for our members research needs.